For Clinical Researchers
Clinician researchers who offer clinical trials to their patients will find that CDH has the research infrastructure to support you in this important endeavor.
The mission of the Office of Research Support/Institutional Review Board at CDH is to assist researchers in the complexities of clinical research. We strive to improve quality of care and patient satisfaction by facilitating clinical research studies that are relevant in an ethical, caring, compliant, collaborative environment.
We help researchers navigate the processes required for research studies through the following services. We can:
- Help identify studies and grant opportunities in areas of expertise
- Assemble and facilitate institutional approvals of grant applications for research
- Initiate introductions between sponsors, researchers and collaborators at CDH
- Develop and negotiate study budgets and research agreements
- Process research applications
- Carefully review all clinical trials before IRB review
- Monitor research studies for compliance
- Act as a financial administrator for studies (invoicing and collections from sponsors, patient billing issues, payment to hospital departments and subcontractors)
- Offer educational in-services to study staff in various research topics
- Hold monthly research lunches, occasional webinars, one-on-one sessions and online courses in research topics
- Host sponsor site visits and research team meetings
The IRB at CDH holds federalwide assurance No. 00004667.
IRB Calendar (meetings and deadlines)
CITI - Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative - The human subjects protection training that is required of all key research personnel - www.citiprogram.org
Office of Research Support / Institutional Review Board
Phone: 630-933-6522 TTY: 630-933-4833 for the hearing impaired.