Mother Baby Amenities at CDH
Central DuPage Hospital is a wonderful place to begin bonding with your newborn baby. Featuring private labor/delivery/recovery rooms (LDRs) and luxurious post-partum private suites for mothers and families, CDH offers comfort, a little pampering and peace of mind.
Some of the special amenities you will find at CDH include:
- Comfortable overnight sleeping accommodations
- Private bath/shower in each with hair dryer, toiletries and extra thick bath towels
- Private dining table
- Personalized menu selections daily
- Room service from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Evening dessert cart
- Custom artwork
- Flat panel TV and DVD/VCR players
- English and Spanish educational TV channels
- Free wireless Internet access
- Valet parking available 24 hours a day
- Guest services including concierge, bellman and patient transport services
- WebNursery®: Infant photos from Our365
- Family photos
- Family lounge on each wing of the Mother Baby unit with comfortable seating, coffee maker, ice maker, microwave and vending machines
- Lounge area outside of the Mother Baby unit with flat panel television and two public restrooms
At Your Service: A Team of Professionals
Patients benefit from advanced care provided by a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, lactation consultants, social workers, dietitians, patient care technicians and health unit coordinators. Some of the advanced medical care services you will find here include:
- Suites with central fetal monitoring for mothers who require longer hospitalizations due to pregnancy complications
- 24-hour, in-house obstetrician and anesthesiologist
- Nursery staffed by registered nurses 24 hours a day
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with private patient rooms, staffed 24 hours a day by in-house neonatologists and specially trained nurses
Mother Baby Classes and Tours
CDH offers a wide range of prenatal and postnatal classes for mothers, fathers, siblings and families. In some of CDH's prenatal classes, you are automatically scheduled for a group tour of the Mother Baby unit, but there are also free tours available for those who haven’t yet enrolled in a prenatal class.
Learn more about our tours and our prenatal and postnatal classes.
Open tours of the Mother Baby unit are available weekday evenings and on weekends in groups of no more than 8 couples. Our experienced staff will introduce you to the Mother Baby suites, explain the services, point out the many amenities and answer your questions. To arrange for a free tour or learn more about our family-centered birthing experience, call 630-933-4234. TTY for the hearing impaired 630-933-4833.