Leading-Edge Approaches to Cardiovascular Surgery
At Central DuPage Hospital, two highly qualified surgical teams provide traditional and innovative surgical treatments for a full spectrum of conditions affecting the heart, arteries, veins and peripheral vascular system.
We offer services and expertise to meet most patients’ needs. Our services include:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery (also called CABG or open heart bypass surgery)
- Repair and replacement of heart valves
- Implantation of left ventricular assist devices, for individuals awaiting heart transplant
- Minimally invasive techniques including robotic surgery
- Off-pump cardiac surgery – an alternative to using the heart-lung bypass machine – which permits the heart to continue beating throughout surgery
- Surgical treatment of carotid artery disease, peripheral vascular disease and aneurysms
- Repair of aortic aneurysms
Leading the Way with Robotic Surgery
Imagine heart bypass surgery performed through three tiny holes – instead of an inches-long incision. That’s what heart surgeons at CDH are doing, thanks to the new da vinci® robotic surgery system. We’re one of the first sites in Illinois to use this revolutionary technology.
With much smaller incisions, most patients have less pain after surgery, compared to traditional open-heart surgery. Patients recover in weeks, instead of months. Robotic surgery is just one way that CDH offers patients more options for better results.
- Board-certified cardiologists from DuPage Medical Group and Midwest Heart Specialists
- Board-certified cardiovascular surgeons from Cardiovascular Surgical Associates and DuPage Medical Group
- Specialized nurses with cardiovascular expertise
- Cardiovascular anesthesiologists
- Critical care specialists
- Exercise physiologists
Location and Hours
Please follow you Physician's instructions regarding time and location. For further information contact patient access for CDH at 630.933.1171.
Call for an Appointment
To schedule an interventional cardiology procedure, please call 630-933-5000. A physician referral is needed for all procedures.