Parish Nurse Program
Spiritual Support for Patients and Families
For many people, spirituality adds a valuable dimension to the healing process. Often, a faith community is considered an oasis of hope and solace – a place that people turn to in times of need.
The Parish Nurse Program of CNS Home Health and Hospice is a unique source of spiritual support for patients and their families. The program is based on a partnership between the hospital and area churches, congregations and synagogues. Together, the hospital and its religious partners integrate spirituality and health.
The Parish Nurse Program focuses on faith in healing. It uses a holistic approach that considers the body, mind and spirit.
The Parish Nurse Program can:
- Link an individual with a religious community or with resources of the hospital or community
- Serve as a personal health counselor, health educator, referral source and facilitator
- Coordinate wellness programs, such as blood drives, blood pressure checks or CPR training
- Facilitate Advance Directives, so your family and medical team is aware of your preferences in case you’re unable to make decisions about your own treatment
- Bridge the gap between health and religion
- Provide companionship and spiritual support
- Visit patients in the hospital or at home
Parish nurses are registered nurses who also are persons of faith. They have extensive knowledge about available community resources. In their role as a parish nurse, they do not provide "hands on" nursing care. Instead, they provide supportive care.
Call for More Information
For more information, please call (630) 665-7000 or to make a referral call (630) 665-7006. A parish nurse is available 24 hours a day.