Are you concerned that you or someone you love has a drinking problem? Honest answers to this quiz can help determine if you are still in control, or are being controlled by alcohol:
- Do you lose time from work because of drinking?
- Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
- Is drinking affecting your reputation?
- Do you have financial problems related to your drinking?
- Do you lower your personal standards when it comes to companionship and environment when you are drinking?
- Does drinking make you less responsive to your family’s needs?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
- Do you crave a drink at a definite time of the day?
- Do you want to drink in the morning, after drinking the previous night?
- Do you have trouble sleeping because of drinking?
- Are you less efficient since you began drinking?
- Does your drinking affect your job?
- Do you drink to avoid problems or feelings?
- Do you drink alone?
- Have you ever had a "blackout" while drinking and cannot remember what you have said or done?
- Have you seen a physician because of your drinking?
- Does drinking give you more self-confidence?
- Have you ever been hospitalized or treated for drinking?
If you answered "yes" to even one of these questions, consider it a warning that a problem may be starting.
If you answered, “yes” to two or more questions, please think about getting help now.