Living with asthma can be a challenge every day. Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) can help adults and children learn how to manage their asthma to live more active, fulfilling lives. Asthma Resources at CDH include education through consults with board-certified asthma educators as ordered by a physician, an interactive computerized asthma learning program and personalized asthma action plans to help individuals live more easily with asthma.
Asthma Resources at CDH provide a broad range of educational services to help patients of all ages and their families better understand the disease and how to manage it. Working with the asthma education team, you will learn:
- How asthma affects the lungs
- Common symptoms of asthma
- Medications and how they work
- Peak flow monitoring
- Respiratory complications
- Correct use of asthma related tools, including inhalers and nebulizers
- How to navigate work and school issues to reduce risk of asthma flare-ups
- How to get the most out of your relationship with physicians helping with your asthma
- Community resources to help you and your family live more easily with asthma
The asthma education team has advanced training and extensive expertise working with people who have asthma. This team includes board-certified asthma educators who are also board-certified respiratory therapists.
Location and Hours
Central DuPage Hospital
25 N. Winfield Rd.
Winfield, IL 60190
Available by appointment.
Call for an Appointment
To make an appointment with a physician, please call CDH Information and Referral at 630-933-4234.