Pediatric Sleep Medicine
The Pediatric Sleep Medicine clinic in the pediatric program, Lurie Children's at Cadence Health, provides comprehensive clinical evaluation, diagnosis and management for the full spectrum of acute and chronic problems related to sleep and breathing including:
- Behavioral sleep disturbances
- Sleep related movement disorders
- Narcolepsy, disorders of excessive sleepiness
- Nightmares and night terrors, parasomnias
- Nocturnal seizures
- Snoring/sleep disordered breathing
Services in the CDH sleep lab to diagnose sleep disturbances include:
- Sleep-wake activity monitoring
- Diagnostic and paptitration studies (pap-nap studies)
- Multiple sleep latency test (MSLT)
The medical professionals on the pediatric sleep medicine team are committed to giving dedicated and compassionate care in an environment targeted to the needs of children and their families. The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Lurie Children's pediatric specialist, certified in sleep medicine y, child and adolescent psychiatry and sleep medicine
- CDH registered nurses
- Registered sleep technologists
Patient visits are scheduled in the Pediatric Outpatient Center on the first floor of Central DuPage Hospital and at the pediatric specialists' medical practice offices located off-site from the CDH campus.
To request a first-time appointment, call 1-800-543-7362 (1-800-KIDS-DOC®). TTY for the hearing impaired 1-800-526-0844.
*Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Cadence Health is a collaborative program between Cadence Health, now a part of Northwestern Medicine, and Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents of nor employed by Cadence Health or any of its affiliate member hospitals.