Pediatric General Surgery
The pediatric general surgeons in the pediatric program, Lurie Children's at Cadence Health, provide surgery for problems related to the head, neck, chest, abdomen and extremities. Many pediatric surgical procedures are now performed through minimally invasive techniques - minimizing scarring, lessening pain and reducing hospital stays and recovery times.
Most surgical procedures as shown in the list below are performed in the West Surgery at Central DuPage Hospital and may require hospitalization in the CDH Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) or in our Pediatric Inpatient Unit.
- Removal of head and neck masses
- Removal of breast masses
- Correction of chest wall deformities
- Treatment for abdominal tumors, malformations of the gastrointestinal tract, hernias, undescended testes, circumcision
- Correction of anal-rectal malformations
- Removal of tumors and cysts of the female genital tract
In each case, your child will receive quality care in a child- and family-focused environment.
Services provided in the Pediatric Outpatient Center include:
The medical professionals on the pediatric general surgery team are committed to giving dedicated and compassionate care in an environment targeted to the needs of children and their families. Our approach is a team-based approach for completely integrated care. Our goal is to provide comprehensive care that is evidence-based, in a professional and reassuring environment for our young patients and their families. The multidisciplinary team includes:
Lurie Children's pediatric surgeons, board certified in general and pediatric surgery
CDH registered nurses
Preparing Your Child for Surgery
Surgery can seem frightening - especially to a child. Central DuPage Hospital has a special program to help children feel less nervous about their surgery experience. Click here to find out more about our Pediatric Pre-Op Adventure
Patient visits are scheduled in the Pediatric Outpatient Center on the first floor of Central DuPage Hospital.
To request a first-time appointment, call 630.933.6631. TTY for the hearing impaired 630.933-4833.
* Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Cadence Health is a collaborative program between Cadence Health and Lurie Children’s. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents of nor employed by Cadence Health or any of its affiliates.