Pediatric Feeding Clinic
The pediatric feeding clinic at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Cadence Health is a multidisciplinary program dedicated to providing individualized comprehensive care to children and their families with complex feeding disorders.
Common Reasons for Referral
Some diagnoses and underlying conditions that may lead to feeding issues include, but are not limited to the following:
- Picky eating and food selectivity (i.e., brand, color, texture- specific
- Food/drink refusal
- Difficulty or inability to chew; swallow
- Limited self-feeding skills
- Recurrent gagging; vomiting
- Mealtime behavior challenges (i.e., prolonged tantrums, lengthy meals
- Poor/slow weight gain
- Tube-dependent (i.e., nasogastric or gastrostomy tubes)
- Developmental delays and/or disorders
- Related medical diagnoses and conditions
The Feeding Team
The medical professionals on the pediatric feeding team are committed to giving dedicated and compassionate care in an environment targeted to meet the needs of children and their families. The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Lurie Children's specialists, board certified in pediatrics, gastroenterology
- Clinical psychologists
- Registered dietitian
- Speech-language pathologists
- Occupational therapists
- Registered nurse
Patient visits are scheduled in the Pediatric Outpatient Center on the first floor of Central DuPage Hospital.
To request a first-time appointment, call 1.800.543.7362 (1.800.KIDS-DOC®). TTY for the hearing impaired 1.800.526.0844.
Please review “What to expect and what to bring to your initial feeding appointment” before coming to your child’s appointment.
* Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Cadence Health is a collaborative program between Cadence Health and Lurie Children’s. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents of nor employed by Cadence Health or any of its affiliates.