Pediatric Specialty Care
Comprehensive Care Close to Home
At Cadence Health, we are "always thinking" about ways to provide quality medical care to our patients and we are "always caring" about their healthcare needs and concerns. We are dedicated to providing excellent pediatric care in a friendly, family-focused atmosphere.
Through an affiliation between Cadence Health and Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago, families have access to a pediatric program like none other in Chicago's western suburbs. Lurie Children's at Cadence Health offers expertise and comprehensive pediatric care to children of all ages, from newborns through 18 years of age. More than 85 Lurie Children's pediatric specialists are on the Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) medical staff at Cadence Health's Winfield campus in various units and programs.
Advanced Care in a Family-Friendly Environment
Extensive pediatric services, anchored by the Lurie Children's pediatric program, offer the latest medical and technological advances and equipment - sized just for kids - balanced with compassion and sensitivity to the needs of the entire family.
All pediatric facilities at CDH as well as the special care nursery at Delnor Hospital are staffed and equipped to deliver high-level specialty care in an environment designed for children and their families. Facilities include:
- CDH Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - A Level III NICU with 23 beds providing 24-hour care for critically ill newborns
- Delnor Special Care Nursery - A Level II special care nursery with exceptions by the state of Illinois with six beds staffed 24/7 by Lurie Children's neonatal nurse practitioners with back up and rounding by Lurie Children's neonatologists
- CDH Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - A six-bed PICU offering around-the-clock care for post surgical, critically ill or injured children
- Pediatric Inpatient Unit - A secure, 10-bed pediatric inpatient unit where patient rooms, exam areas and other facilities are designed to meet the unique needs of families
- Pediatric Short Stay Unit - A secure, seven-bed pediatric unit for those patients requiring medical care for under 24 hours
- Pediatric Outpatient Center - A beautiful and healing outpatient environment offering a high level of expertise in pediatric specialty care
- Pediatric Emergency Department - A Level II trauma center serving more than 17,000 patients each year
More information and hours of the CDH Pediatric Emergency Department. The main CDH Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Children can be treated during all hours.
Experienced and Compassionate Pediatric Professionals
The specially trained team of pediatric healthcare professionals in the Lurie Children's at Cadence Health program is committed to finding and applying the latest medical and technological advances in the field, balanced with sensitivity to the needs of our young patients. The multidisciplinary team includes:
- Lurie Children's board certified neonatologists, pediatric intensivists and pediatric hospitalists providing 24/7 inpatient care.
- Lurie Children's board certified pediatric specialists offering more than 20 different outpatient specialty services.
- Experienced CDH pediatric nurses providing compassionate pediatric care to your child. All registered nurses are certified in pediatric advanced life support.
- CDH child life specialists and CDH pediatric care professionals - including nutritionists, social workers and patient care technicians - offering developmentally appropriate care and support.
Finding a Pediatrician Affiliated with CDH
Is your child's pediatrician on the CDH medical staff? CDH grants admitting privileges to many private-practice physicians in nearby communities. Find a pediatrician affiliated with us today.
* Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Cadence Health is a collaborative program between Cadence Health and Lurie Children’s. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents of nor employed by Cadence Health or any of its affiliates.