A Leader in Orthopaedic Care for Adults and Children
- Third most active hospital in Illinois performing total joint replacements.
- Provide diagnosis, management and treatment for common and complex injuries and diseases of the bones and joints.
- Treatment for adults and children with a full range of orthopaedic conditions.
- A dedicated orthopaedic unit where patients who need hospitalization receive care from nurses who specialize in orthopaedics.
- A comprehensive approach that focuses on prevention, treatment and rehabilitation.
Who We Help
The Orthopaedics Team works with adults and children of all ages who have musculoskeletal issues related to:
- Injuries including sports injury
- Nerve and neuromuscular disorders
- Joint deterioration
- Muscle sprain and tendon injuries
- Spinal injuries or pain
- Other conditions related to the bones and joints
The Orthopaedics Team addresses a full range of orthopaedic conditions from muscle strain and simple bone fractures to complex joint replacements and neuromuscular deformities. We use the newest and most effective methods to maximize each patient’s mobility and to relieve pain or discomfort. These specialists address problems affecting the foot, ankle, hip, knee, shoulder, hand and spine.
We apply both surgical and non-surgical methods to treat orthopaedic conditions. When appropriate, surgeons use less-invasive arthroscopic surgery which can be performed on an outpatient basis. More complicated or invasive surgeries may require an overnight hospital stay.
Our orthopaedic services include:
Foot and Ankle
- Management for pain and disability caused by rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis
- Monitoring and treatment for complications of diabetes
- Heel, arch and toe pain
- Nerve-related problems
- Neuromuscular deformities
- Sports- and exercise-related injuries or pain
- Trauma, fractures, sprains and tendon injuries
- Joint replacement surgery for the hip, knee, shoulder, ankle and elbow, including minimally invasive procedures
- Surgical, nonsurgical and minimally invasive treatment options
- Spine/back and neck/cervical spine disorders
- Spinal deformities
- Low back pain, sciatica, herniated discs
- Stenosis and arthritis
- Spine/nerve compression
- Laparoscopic fusions
- Services aimed at preventing and treating injuries related to sports and exercise.
- Working with professional athletic teams, semi-professional athletes, high school teams and individuals who are active in sports and exercise
Hands and Arms
- Job-related injuries
- Nerve compression syndromes
- Simple and complex fractures of the hands
- Replantation of severed fingers
- Management and treatment of scoliosis
- Treatment for hip dysplasia.
- Treatment of sports-related injuries, including Little Leaguer’s elbow, shin splints and Patello-femoral pain syndrome
- Educational programs to teach children about safe exercise, warm up, stretching and more
- Foot and leg disorders including intoeing ("pigeon toe"), flat feet, club feet and toe walking
The Orthopaedics Team includes:
- Nearly 40 board-certified orthopaedic surgeons are on the medical staff at Central DuPage Hospital, including specialists in pediatric orthopaedics, hand and upper extremity, foot and ankle, spine, joint replacement and sports medicine
- Board certified orthopaedic nursing leadership
- Orthopaedic nurse clinician/staff educator
- RN's specialized in orthopaedic patient care (more than 600 years of orthopaedic nursing experience on staff)
- RN's trained to monitor patients with a history of heart problems
- Physical and occupational therapists
To find a physician/specialist on the medical staff at CDH, please call 630.933.4234. TTY for the hearing impaired 630.933.4833.