Getting enough quality sleep is important for good health. Sleep problems often relate to, create or complicate other underlying conditions, and can lead to additional health and safety issues. The Center for Sleep Health in the Neurosciences Institute at CDH offers advanced medical technology for both the diagnosis and treatment of many types of sleep disorders.
Accredited for excellence by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, the Center for Sleep Health provides comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis and management for the full range of acute and chronic problems related to sleep including:
CDH also has a specialized program designated for children with sleep disorders. The pediatric sleep disorders program benefits from an affiliation with Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
Sleep specialists find the cause of and solutions for sleep problems. Diagnostic tests to detect sleep disturbances include:
- Polysomnogram - measures breathing rate, oxygenation, heart rate, eye movement, brain waves and leg movements during sleep
- Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) - records data during 20-minute daytime naps every two hours
- Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT) - records body functions during a series of 40 minute sessions
If you are frequently tired or exhausted, you can give yourself a preliminary screening test. Complete the Epworth Sleepiness Scale now and review your rating. If the results show that you are at risk, contact your primary care physician and schedule a more thorough evaluation.
The Center for Sleep Health Team
The compassionate and caring team at the Center for Sleep Health provides the best care possible for every patient. All of the physicians on the medical staff at CDH who are on the sleep health team are board certified or board eligible. The team includes:
- Sleep medicine specialists
- Registered polysomnographic technologists
- Respiratory therapists specially trained in adult and pediatric sleep disorders
Amenities at the Center
CDH is unique in that we are one of few Illinois hospitals to offer an on-campus facility dedicated to sleep disorders. The Center for Sleep Health features hotel-like amenities within a hospital environment. Comfortable surroundings and excellent care put patients of all ages at ease, and reflect our goal of giving patients the best healthcare experience possible. Amenities include:
- Private room with bathroom and shower
- Continental breakfast after testing
- A room designed just for pediatric patients
How to Contact Us
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call The Center for Sleep Health at CDH at 630-933-2975.