Rehabilitative Services Target Function and Independence
Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) offers a full spectrum of rehabilitation services for children of all ages—from newborns to young adults. Depending on the child’s specific needs, rehabilitation may include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and/or Speech Therapy.
Individualized treatment programs are based on a thorough evaluation of each child’s current abilities and physical, neurological, motor, sensory, swallowing/feeding or cognitive impairments. Our goal is to help each child reach the height of independence and functioning.
We work with children who have challenges caused by:
- Developmental delays (gross and fine motor skills)
- Birth defects
- Cleft lip and palate
- Sensory integration disorders
- Neurological impairment
- Speech delay
The Pediatric Rehabilitation team provides a full range of diagnostic and therapy services customized for each child. These include:
- Screening and assessments for a wide range of diagnoses
- Education for the parents and family
- Pediatric Developmental Follow-up Clinic
- Multidisciplinary Pediatric feeding therapy (for those with difficulty swallowing)
- Video-fluoroscopic assessment and treatment of swallowing difficulties
Pediatric Rehabilitation services are provided by certified licensed therapists specially trained in treating infants and children. They include:
- Physical Therapists
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
Location and Hours
Pediatric Rehabilitation Services (inpatient and outpatient)
Central DuPage Hospital
Outpatient Services, Suite 506
25 N. Winfield Road
Winfield, Illinois 60190
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
To schedule an appointment for your child, please call 630-933-6293. TTY for the hearing impaired 630-933-4833.
A written referral from your child’s physician is required for an appointment.