Advanced Practice Nurse/Peds ER
(Central DuPage Hospital)
General Summary of Position Responsibility:
The Advanced Practice Nurse / LIP works within the multidisciplinary clinical team to provide individualized patient care and patient/family education. S/he promotes evidenced based practice by conducting or participating in research and academic activities. S/he provides support to the nursing and leadership staff in order to promote the advancement of the nursing profession at CMH and in the community-at-large. The role is unique to the Advanced Practice Nurses specialty area and in accordance with individual credentialing and privileging through the Medical Staff Office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides expert clinical care, education, consultation, advocacy research, leadership and mentorship.
- Manages primary, acute and chronic health problems through comprehensive history and physical examination assessment and diagnosis. This may include palliative and end of life care.
- Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures.
- Prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, and performs other therapeutic or corrective measures to treat illness and improve heath status.
- Promotes the advancement of the nursing profession at CMH and the community-at-large. This may include publication, participation in professional organizations and providing educational support to the nursing staff.
- Collaborates and coordinates care with medical team to deliver evidenced-based care and establish best practices in clinical care.
- Participates in research design, implementation and interpretation.
- Meets the Medical Staffs Allied Health Practitioners core measures of performance related to patient care, medical knowledge, practice based learning and improvement, interpersonal communication skills, professionalism, and system based practice.
- Performs job functions adhering to service principles with customer service focus of innovation, service excellence and teamwork to provide the highest quality care and service to our patients, families, co-workers and others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or higher from an accredited school of nursing appropriate for certification as a Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Anesthetist. ( CNS certification is not acceptable if hired after January 1, 2010)
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience required, preferably in pediatrics.
- Licensure in the State ofIllinoisas an APN is required.
- Experience as delineated in clinical privileges through credentialing by the Medical Staff Office.
- Basic Life Support certification required. Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification required in some specialty areas.
- Any other certification required for specialty area.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills, basic computer skills, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 3 years ED staff nursing experience OR 5 years pediatric staff nurse experience.
- APN experience preferred