Volunteer at Central DuPage Hospital
There are many ways to volunteer your time at Central DuPage Hospital. Whether you enjoy working directly with patients, doing retail, or prefer a behind-the-scenes role, we’ve got a place for you.
More than 500 people currently enjoy volunteering at CDH. Come and join our team.
Volunteering at CDHis an outstanding way to show your commitment to the community. Better yet, it’s a fun and fulfilling way to help others, meet new people, explore the world of healthcare, learn new skills and have fun. Plus, you’re eligible for some of the same benefits that our paid employees receive.
Opportunities for Volunteers
There are nearly 40 different areas of the hospital that use volunteers. Here’s a sampling. We try to use your skills and interests where they fit best.
Here are some of the ways volunteers help out:
- Working with patients to brighten their stay
- Working in the Wise Penny Resale Shop (Wheaton)
- Working in the Gift Shop
- Clerical support
- Many other opportunities
Call 630-933-6207 for more information.
Who’s Eligible to Volunteer?
- Minimum age: 14 and in high school
- Most of our volunteers are adults young and not-so-young – with time, energy and commitment to share.
- Annual TB test is required. Central DuPage Hospital will provide this test, free of charge.
What’s the Time Commitment?
The more you give, the more satisfaction you receive.
- We ask volunteers to commit to a 3-4 hour shift, at least once per week.
- For teenagers: Three sessions, coinciding with school schedule (session 1 = first semester, session 2 = second semester, session 3 = summer break).
Please print, complete and return to the CDH volunteer department by mail or FAX at 630-933-5278.
Call for More Information
For more information about volunteering at CDH, call 630-933-6207.