Auxiliary Announces Scholarship Recipients
WINFIELD, Ill., June 3, 2010 – Central DuPage Hospital’s (CDH) Auxiliary recently awarded $50,000 in scholarships to 24 local high school, college and medical school students interested in pursuing a healthcare career.
Scholarships were awarded to students attending a college, university, graduate or medical school program in the fall of 2010. Applicants were required to document academic excellence and live within CDH’s service area.
Area High School Graduate Scholarship Recipients
Elizabeth Garvin – Naperville University of Notre Dame
Jaclyn Morris – Warrenville Purdue
Emily Mulder – Glen Ellyn Northern Illinois University
Megan Ogorzalek – Winfield Indiana University
Setu Patel – Carol Stream University of Missouri, Kansas City
Patrick Pawlowski – Glen Ellyn Marquette University
Syed Rizvi – Carol Stream Loyola University
Daniel Sledz – Wheaton Marquette University
Area College Student Scholarship Recipients
Brian Bamberger – Glen Ellyn University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
Katherine Bauer – Wheaton College of DuPage
Jacqueline Brosius – Naperville Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine
LaVonna Cain – Naperville Benedictine University
Hina Dalal – Carol Stream University of Illinois at Chicago
Lilia Esquival – Glendale Heights College of DuPage
Amanda Harms – Warrenville Bradley University
Matthew Hernandez – Wheaton University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
Ryan Hitzman – Lisle Uiversity of Illinois at Chicago
Scott Kramer – Wheaton Ohio State College of Medicine
Katherine McCauley – Naperville Loyola University
Emily Petrowski – West Chicago Triton College
Genevieve Spittler – Wheaton St. Mary’s College
Jacob Stelter – Lombard Elmhurst College
Jenna Szybowicz – Carol Stream Eastern Illinois University
Jonathan Winthers – West Chicago Midwestern University
This is an annual scholarship program. Announcements for applications for 2011 will be in the spring on www.cdh.org.
About the Auxiliary
Since its inception 50 years ago, the CDH Auxiliary has raised more than $10 million helping numerous organizations and initiatives. Following the fulfillment in 2009 of a $1 million pledge to the CDH Cancer Center, the Auxiliary has:
• Awarded $50,000 in scholarships to area students pursuing careers in health care.
• Gave a $50,000 matching grant to the CDH Foundation in support of HomeCare Physicians, a practice dedicated to caring for homebound patients.
• Donated $14,000 to CDH nurses for a respite lounge and a place to recover from the stresses of their work.
• Underwritten $50,000 in renovations for new floors, phones, rugs and fixtures at the Wise Penny Resale & Consignment Shop in Wheaton.
The Auxiliary continues to:
• Fund complimentary daily newspapers for hospital patients.
• Finance the cost of materials needed for CDH Palliative Care volunteers to knit shawls for gravely ill patients and baby blankets for newborns.
• Raise funds to fulfill a $450,000 pledge for the CDH Neurosciences Department.
Membership is open to any adult who is interested in actively supporting Central DuPage Hospital. For more information call the CDH Auxiliary at (630) 587-9281.